Many people email me and ask me about the cost for the machine - so I will list as much as I can here to give people an idea of the costs associated with building your own CNC machine (at least one like mine).
For some of the things I won off of ebay there's no link - you just have to check often and get lucky. A small tip for eBay - you can save your searches and have them email you daily the new stuff that's listed...
Also for the V Bearings - mine are home made so I'm listing the price it cost me to make them - and making them saved me about $100, but I've included a link to where you could buy some too.
I've also included links as much as I could to show you where I bought some stuff. Most of the misc hardware was bought at Home Depot or Lowes.
These are in no particular order....
- Hobby CNC Pro Controller Board (with 4th Axis Upgrade) - $ 99.00
- 4 X 425oz Stepper motors ($49 each) - $196.00
- 40' of Stepper Motor Wire ($5.00 per 10 feet) - $20.00
- 3 X Lovejoy Couplers (approx $9 a set) - $ 27.00
- 3 X Lead Screw Nuts - Mine are homemade but you can buy similar for $16.50 each - $49.50
- 2 X 6' Long 1/2"-10 Acme Lead Screws (approx $9.50 each) - $19.00
- 1 X 3' Long 1/2-10 Acme Lead Screw - $6.00
- 9 X Acme Nuts for holding Lead screws in place (approx $2 each) - $18.00
- Hitachi M12VC Router (eBay) - $120.00
- Aluminum T-Slot Extrusion (eBay) - $80.00
- THK Linear bearings for Z Axis (ebay) - $35.00
- 16 X V Bearings ($6 a piece) - $96.00
- 3 X Motor Mounts - Hard to price homemade, you can buy mounts for $12.00 each - $36.00
- Tons of misc nuts bolts and other misc hardware - $200 (This is a wild guess really)
That puts the grand total at about $1000.00 or so, and I probably saved about $200 making my own parts :) (plus it was fun making them!)
I hope this helps some people when they are figuring out about how much it will cost them to build a machine like mine
- << Prev